Unepic_v1.0.12_setup (Full) (Size: 49.75 MB)
Unepic is a Metroidvania-style platformer RPG, designed to resemble 80's and 90's games but with better lighting effects, sound, and visuals. It includes randomly-generated weapons, light- and movement-based stealth, and RPG-style skills and inventory management.
In Unepic, you play Daniel, a gamer with some bad habits and a jaded attitude toward games, women, and life in general. During an RPG session with his friends, he retreats to the restroom - and finds himself in a medieval castle. And things just get progressively stranger from there.
Unepic treats its own genre with a tongue-in-cheek sarcasm, going so far as to break the fourth wall and address the player. It pokes fun at adventure games, MMOs, and tabletop RPGs. It even has a twist ending, turning an anticipated fight scene into something deeper.
In Unepic you will find more than 100 weapons to hit and slain anything that crosses your way.
A single weapon is not valid for everything. Depending on the monster you face, one class of weapon will be much better than others.
These are the classes that you can master:
• swords: They are used specially to attack monsters that can bleed, as they cause cuttings. However they are much less effective against monsters that don't bleed or things made of iron or wood, like barrels or armors.
• daggers: Lethal against all bleeding monsters if attacked from behind, as the damage and the critic change is multiplied. Moreover your attack is much faster, as daggers are the lightest weapons you can find.
• maces: They are meant to smash. Specally effective against skeletons, rotten barrels y and protected monsters.
• axes: Axes are a mixture of swords and maces, as they cause cuts to bleeding monsters, and their hits are good enought over solid objects. Their main drawback is their low speed.
• polearm: Their biggest advantage is that they have longer scope that the rest of melee weapons. They are specially useful against monsters that is better to keep far.
• bow: Obviously are used to attack from far distances, though they are less effective against non-bleeding monsters.
• wands: Wands shoot all types of magic bolts. Their effects are very destructive and they have fast attack, but they have limited charges.
In Unepic you will find tones of magic. There are 70 different spells that you can find in the following containers:
• potions: You just have to take out the cap and drink it, then you character will receive a positive magic spell. They can be used once, but you can reuse the remaining empty vial to create more potions.
• scrolls: Unroll it and then read it, then the spell within will be materialized. They also can be used once, as the scroll disappear when the spell is freed.
• rings: To wear them give you special abilities. On the contrary that in other games, in Unepic you can wear 8 rings, one per finger.
• tomes: Tomes teaches you spells that you can use whenever you need. They can have all types of magic. Just something, to learn them you will need a minimum level in the correspongind magic branch.
• recipes: They are books that teach how to create potions. Thanks to these recipes you will be able to create as many potions as you need. Each recipe needs special ingredients that some monsters drop when being killed.
• magic weapons: Some weapons have special powers or spirits that life within that makes them unique. Their name appear in blue or orange in your inventory.
• artifacts: They are magic objects of great power that can be activated. You'll find just a few of them.