Creating Web Pages Simplified (2nd Edition)(gnv64) (Size: 60.38 MB)
Creating Web Pages Simplified (2nd Edition)
by Mike Wooldridge and Brianna Stuart
Visual | October 2011 | 304 Pages | ISBN: 1118063511 | ePUB | 60.3 mb
The easiest way to learn how to create a Web page for your family or organization
Do you want to share photos and family lore with relatives far away? Have you been put in charge of communication for your neighborhood group or nonprofit organization? A Web page is the way to get the word out, and Creating Web Pages Simplified offers an easy, visual way to learn how to build one. Full-color illustrations and concise instructions take you through all phases of Web publishing, from laying out and formatting text to enlivening pages with graphics and animation.
* Features full-color illustrations with step-by-step instructions
* Covers everything you need to get started, including how to use HTML, how to lay out pages and format text, and how to add graphics and visual effects
* Shows how to make your pages more interesting with animation and sound, add links to other sites, include e-mail addresses, and more
* Includes a tear card with HTML tag references and a web-safe color chart to keep handy as you build your pages
If you've ever thought about building a web page, Creating Web Pages Simplified is simply the easiest way to make it happen.
Are you new to computers? Does new technology make you nervous? Relax! You're holding in your hands the easiest guide ever to creating web pages — a book that skips the long-winded explanations and shows you how things work. All you have to do is open the book and discover just how easy it is to get up to speed.
* Use HTML5 and its tags to create a basic page
* Add text, style it with CSS, and insert images
* Create forms so visitors can communicate with you
* Organize your pages with semantic tags
* Include multimedia and publish your site
* "Simplify It" sidebars offer real-world advice
* Succinct explanations walk you through step by step
* Full-color screen shots demonstrate each task
* Self-contained, two-page lessons make learning a snap
About the Authors
Mike Wooldridge is a web developer based in the San Francisco Bay Area. He’s authored dozens of books for the Visual series. For more information about creating web pages and the example files used in this book, visit his website:
Brianna Stuart is a writer and busy mom based in the Seattle area. This is her first book.