My First torrent upload Brand X

search this thread

B-Mac60792 User
Something isn't quite right.

I created a torrent using utorrent.
I uploaded and registered at KAT.
I then downloaded the torrent I uploaded.
However, it is not seeding.
I am using Gotrusted secure tunnel so my ISP doesn't give me a load of crap.

Should I have done something different when I created the torrent file using utorrent 3.3?

The torrent file I created is in a directory where the files and folders are that make up the torrent.

The torrent that I downloaded after I uploaded from KAT i put in a different folder.

I have created torrent files before but never uploaded to a torrent site. I have only ever sent them via e-mail to family members so they can obtain large files of data directly from me. This has worked without a problem, so I am pretty confident that the actual torrent file is okay.

Something else I did must be in the wrong order or something?

Help!
apurba_ron360 User
need seed
Hak3r914 User
facing the same problem bro...sad
no_jokes668 User

The torrent that I downloaded after I uploaded from KAT i put in a different folder.

This should be the error, place the file back in the orignal directory and everything should be fine wink
`-PKfun1537 User
THIS IS MY FIRST UPLOAD biggrinTorrent: The Complete Book of Drawing Techniques [PKfun]
B-Mac60792 User

This should be the error, place the file back in the orignal directory and everything should be fine wink
Then I'd have the created torrent file and the downloaded torrent file in the same folder. Is that a problem? I am not arguing, just tring to understand why I'd have two torrent files in the same location.
Thanks.
Please note that someone was able to download my torrent without a problem.
B-Mac60792 User
Then I'd have the created torrent file and the downloaded torrent file in the same folder. Is that a problem? I am not arguing, just tring to understand why I'd have two torrent files in the same location.
Thanks.
Please note that someone was able to download my torrent without a problem.
Man this is so confusing and I know it shouldn't be. This has seeded, but is shown as inactive. When I go to download it is shown as 0% downloading and a whole bunch of peers trying to get this.
So, isn't what has seeded shown as active with a whole bunch of peers reeiving it?
Help
Should I start all over?
Sorry.
I just want to start uploading things I have to pay back what I've been obtaining from KAT.
191435246 Super User
..maybe this can be helpful: https://kat.ph/community/show/27780/?page=23
and dont forget to add some extra trackers..
https://kat.ph/community/show/kat-uploaders-guide/

Last edited by 1914, 10 months ago

B-Mac60792 User
Thats how I have my uploads. The torrents & file folder are together. But you said you moved a folder after creating the torrent. Thats obviously the problem. I downloaded it & it's stuck on 0.0%.
Should I start all over?
B-Mac60792 User
Thats how I have my uploads. The torrents & file folder are together. But you said you moved a folder after creating the torrent. Thats obviously the problem. I downloaded it & it's stuck on 0.0%.
Should be working now
Please let me know. Says it is active and shows peers downloading data with % increasing.
Thanks everyone!

Report a bug