Daemon Tools: The Ultimate Imaging Program.

search this thread

1337CHer961 Verified uploader
I've been asked by a few people how to use an ISO or mount a game image or how to use Daemon Tools, so I decided to cover the whole thing at once.
Daemon Tools is an exceptionally brilliant program that allows you to use .MDX .MDS .MDF .ISO .B5T .B6T .BWT .CCD .ISZ .CUE .PDI .CDI and .NRG file types.
Daemon Tools acts as a Virtual Drive, that is to say, it creates a "CD/DVD Drive" and makes your computer think that it actually exists. Quite useful for those of you who have those pissy little ACER Netbooks, etc that don't have these to begin with.
You can obtain the free version of DaemonTools (called Daemon Tools Lite) from here.
INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
NB: Some elements may change with different releases.
1. Open the .exe file from where you downloaded it to and click Run
2. After it's unpacked, the welcome screen will pop-up. If you want to waste time reading this, then do so. Otherwise, click Next.
3. This page is the license agreement. (Who cares?) Click I Agree.
4. Select License Type. Select Free License, of course; then click Next
5. Next screen is the Choose Components window. I wouldn't bother with having anything selected except for File Associations and Desktop Shortcut, but that's just me. Click Next.
6. Mount Space Statistics. Do NOT allow Mountspace to use your statistics. Click Next.
7. Enter where you want Daemon Tools to be installed, then click Install
8. During installation, it will install (or ask to install SPTD). Allow it to do so, otherwise DaemonTools won't work.
9. Once it's finished installing, it will ask to reboot now or later. Select Reboot now, then click Finish.
How To Use Daemon Tools:
1. After you rebooted your system, there will be a small window on your screen with Daemon-Tools icon saying Updating Virtual Devices. This is basically DaemonTools checking for the Virtual Drives - Nothing to worry about.
2. Open DaemonTools from your Desktop if you selected it to create the icon there during setup. Otherwise, go to My Computer a[driveletter]:\Program Files\Daemon Tools Lite and open DTLite.exe
3. Daemon Tools will open and check your licensing.
Now for the tricky stuff
4. Maximise the Daemon Tools window
5. Towards the bottom, there is the Preferences icon that looks like a wheel cog. Click it.
6. Select Use Tray Agent
7. On the left, select Integration. Make sure there is a tick in each of the boxes under File Associations.
8. Select Apply, then Close
9. Near where the Preferences icon is, there's one that looks like an HDD with a green + and SCSI on it. Select this.
10. Now select the icon furthest to the left. This adds the disc images (.ISO, etc) to the program so that they can be used.
11. Find where your disc image is located in this browsing window and select it, then click Open. This will add it to the Image Catalogue.
12. Right click it from the Image Catalogue and select Mount then select [SCSI -0] - .
13. The image is now mounted. Now double click it in the tray at the bottom of the Daemon Tools window. Your game, movie, etc will now run.
ManyWurlds56089 KAT Elite
Nice Tutorial! I've used DT for a while and I think you pretty much covered all the bases. There are a few torrents for DT here at KAT BTW. Here's an excellent one:
Nice Tutorial! I've used DT for a while and I think you pretty much covered all the bases. There are a few torrents for DT here at KAT BTW. Here's an excellent one:
There you go, a full version one for free ;)
{Blitz}5540 Super User
Hey man thanks allot for all the help you have giving me and others .......
kombuchaGOD2186 Verified uploader
daemon tools rocks
but I do get a lot of crying on some of my ups from those that are unfamiliar with it
Hey man thanks allot for all the help you have giving me and others .......

Any time, mate. No problemo :)

daemon tools rocks
but I do get a lot of crying on some of my ups from those that are unfamiliar with it

Now you can link 'em ;)

Report a bug