KAT Uploaders Guide

search this thread

TimeBandits53.73K Super User
As we all know Uploading is more of an art than a task, anyone can upload torrents but encouraging them to flourish into huge swarms is a whole different ball game.

On this thread I have posted a few links and tips to help the many newcomers to Kickass Torrents.
(and a few oldies that should know better)

How to Upload here at KAT Click Me

How to Create a Torrent with uTorrent
How to Create a Torrent with Vuze/Azureus Click Me

How to Improve your Uploading Skills
New Uploader Rules Click Me

How to Set-Up a Proxy in uTorrent
How to Set-Up Web Browser Click Me

How to Copy a Magnetic Link to uTorrent Click Me

How to Set-Up your Own Torrent Tracker Click Me

A couple of good tips that I've picked up are:

Ensure you always tick the 'Initial Seed' option in your client.

Try to seed for as long as you can (24/7) the longer the better.

Ask for help with seeding from an 'Adopt an Uploader' thread Click Me

My aim here is to provide a quick & easy to use, one stop new-uploader guide, where the Community can post their own tricks of the uploading trade, & users experiencing difficulties can post their problems.
Everyone is free to help everyone else with any torrent issues.

Please keep to site Rules.
Thanks to all the Users Info I have compiled here.

Last edited by TimeBandits, 1 year and 1 month ago

Not sure what you mean about the 24 hrs?
I made this as a handy resource to Bookmark, so that I can refer new users to one thread rather than several.
If you wish to do the same click on the eye decal (top left) it will then be displayed as a 'Watched Thread' on KAT's home page.
Kickass Torrents - Simply the Best.biggrin
vans_kid_2009698 Uploader
I use BitTorrent to download and uplad so how do i see on there...
I use BitTorrent to download and uplad so how do i see on there...
BitTorrent is practically the same as uTorrent only it's coloured blue and not green.
Good Luck.biggrin
PM'd

Last edited by TimeBandits, 1 year and 10 months ago

Smity22.98K KAT Elite
nice thread TimeBandits53.73K , great help to all KAT's uploaders :D
Solphins22 Uploader
How long does it take for the seed to stop showing 0? or am I not doing something? I am currently uploading the file.
mario21jorge3177 Uploader
How long does it take for the seed to stop showing 0? or am I not doing something? I am currently uploading the file.

On your torrent's page you have a tab that says "Technical" click and then click the refresh button. You will see that the number of seeders and leechers has been updated ;)
ReaLighT7005 Uploader
can't chage my trackers, when i try it says:

Error: torrent_file_download_error. Please contact support. (404)
Jalucian7447 Uploader
Like other people, I think telling people to seed for 2-3 days is bad advice. That would work fine if it were an EXTREMELY popular torrent that really took off, and had tons of seeders right off the bat, but for most torrents I think that's woefully short. Personally, I do not stop seeding my own torrents until there are at least 10 seeds in *MY* swarm. That's just in my swarm, mind you. There might be 18-25 total seeds, but I won't hit pause or stop until I see 10 other seeds in my swarm. Then I leave ALL my torrents on there so I can re-start them to seed again if the number of seeds in my swarm drops below 10 at any time. The 10 seeds in my swarm thing is kind of arbitrary, I admit, but it's what I've personally chosen to use as my measuring stick because I have very limited bandwidth and cannot seed all of my torrents (almost 100 of them now) because my maximum upload bandwidth is only around 240k/sec. People with more bandwidth should probably seed even longer. That's just my 2 cents.

Report a bug