Forget SOPA, You Should Be Worried About This Cybersecurity Bill

search this thread

lobo4life1061 Uploader
Christopher Dodd, the former Connecticut senator who now leads the Motion Picture Association of America, hasn't given up on his dream of censoring the Internet. In a recent interview, he said that Hollywood and the technology industry "need to come to an understanding" about new copyright legislation.

Dodd said that there were "conversations going on now," about SOPA-style legislation, but that he was "not going to go into more detail because obviously if I do, it becomes counterproductive."

Fast Forward to Today.... SOPA,PIPA,MPAA and the other Major players in the anti Piracy War have taken an unprecedented step in trying to convince Congress to coattail Anti Piracy Legislation under the guise of Homeland Security .. They want this legislation written into the American Patriot Act!!!!!

This is SERIOUS stuff guys ... CISPA (Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act) passed in the House of Representatives Thursday and now faces a battle in the Senate where there are different variations of the same legislation but the intent is clear.. These guys have changed from complaining about Economic Damages to forcing Congress to pass National Security legislation that favors their interests...

We all need to get on our Senators and Congressmen like white on rice and let them know we do not support and are gravely concerned about the Cybersecurity Legislation that is before the US Senate..
There is no Clear and Present Danger to US Citizens as suggested by CISPA and this Bill threatens the Privacy of every American.....

KoihimeFan2605 Uploader
I was wondering about this the other day. Thanks for the update.
dunky769677 Uploader
Sensor the internet?? dizzyhuffy
Astropotamus25.69K Super User
Someone should censor Chris Dodd ... permanently as he is full of it.
mad
lobo4life1061 Uploader
This is scary stuff...is addition to being anti-piracy this would be spying on citizens 24x7
The Bills sponsors have convinced Facebook to back the bill.. Under CISPA, any company can “use cybersecurity systems to identify and obtain cyber threat information to protect the rights and property” of the company. This phrase is being interpreted to mean monitoring your communications—including the contents of email or private messages on Facebook.

Right now, well-established laws, like the Wiretap Act and the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, prevent companies from routinely monitoring your private communications.
Microsoft has also joined in support of the Bill.. Again, these guys Benefit from spying on our Privacy.. It gives them a competitive advantage.. They don't care about Civil Liberties Violations.. It is Pathetic...

Last edited by lobo4life, 2 years and 5 months ago

kombuchaGOD2269 Uploader
anonymous should blitz them all and feed them viruses, mr happy delete or whatever just ruin their data/equip
who knows maybe people will finally get ticked off and water the Liberty Tree
(hopefully ya know what that means)
Pringlescan16.94K Super User
anonymous should blitz them all and feed them viruses, mr happy delete or whatever just ruin their data/equip

Yeah that makes things better. Anon isn't helping anything. If anythign they are making the people that want these bills to pass point.
kombuchaGOD2269 Uploader

Yeah that makes things better. Anon isn't helping anything. If anythign they are making the people that want these bills to pass point.
ahem! it is a war it should be dealt with as such
by more than one side
and everyone should quit being so politically correct
as far as rounding up guns goes "go for it tyrants"
people without backbones didnt build this country altho it seems to filled with the poltically correct these days(panzies)
yup I have opinions and I aint skeerd ta sayem to whotf ever
I dont even allow the postal service on my property period
ya wouldnt believe how much jurisdiction it takes away from them
I dont care about the US system
personally I hope the gov crumbles, it's pretty much totally corrupt and we should care what happens to these criminals why?
I sure dont
gohan420294 Uploader
how come the secret society's have not assasinated these ppl yet
lobo4life1061 Uploader
In my opinion, SOPA, et. al. has done a masterful job of influence peddling and playing on Corporate paranoia.. They have had a few Legal setbacks with Congress so instead of making it about the Motion Picture Industry or the Software Industry, they have used their Publication resources ( incl newspapers, magazines and TV) to fan the paranoia of Business Owners by making headlines out of recent Corporate espionage sting operations to convince Big Business that CISPA is in their best interest.. It makes them look like they don't have a personal axe to grind and it muddy's the water concerning what content should be censored in the Cyberspace Security Bills.. It's like slinging crap against the wall.. This version may not stick but sooner or later something will.. You can be sure that whatever Bills these guys push forward, they will go after the Torrent sites sooner or later because that is what they are really interested in..

Report a bug