0 views posted 05 Jul 2012, 06:20
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”
1. Reduces General Heart Disease – Vitamin B6, found in beer, prevents the build-up of homocysteine, an amino acid which has been linked to heart disease. Higher levels of homocysteine in our bodies can make us more susceptible to vascular and heart diseases.
2. Coronary Artery Disease (CAD) - Case studies have shown that 30-35% of men who drink beer in moderation are less likely to have heart attacks. Polyphenol, an antioxidant, is just as much present in beer as it is in red wines.
3. Reduces Risk of Coronary Thrombosis – Coronary thrombosis occurs when the opening of an artery becomes so small, the flow of blood is blocked. Beer acts as a blood thinner, reducing the risk of a heart attack.
“Here’s to alcohol, the cause of –and solution to–all life’s problems.”
4. Reduces Risk of Atherosclerosis - Beer boosts levels of high-density lipoprotein (HDL), the good cholesterol, lowers insulin levels, which is good for non-diabetics because it reduces the chance of developing atherosclerosis, or hardening of the arteries.
5. Reduces Risk of Kidney Stones – It is not 100% certain why kidney stones form. Genetics and diet have played a major role with those individuals who develop them. Kidney stones may be reduced in middle-aged men by 40%. Scientists are unsure if these results were due to the water, alcohol, or hops.
6. Insomnia – A common disorder that affects 1 out of every 10 adults. A good night sleep is beneficial for you energy level and mood. The general affect of beer has a tendency to make one drowsy.
7. Cancer – The hops in beer contain xanthohumol, a powerful antioxidant. Concentrations of xanthohumol occur naturally in dark beer and can assist your body in stopping the early stages of tumor growth.
8. Reduces Osteoporosis - Hops in beer contain phyto-estrogens, a compound that will help reduce hot flashes and fight osteoporosis in postmenopausal women. Beer should not be used as a replacement for estrogen therapy.
9. Lowers Cholesterol – Moderate consumption of beer has been shown to increase the HDL cholesterol and lowers the low-density lipoprotein (LDL), also know as the “bad cholesterol” in postmenopausal women. Analyzed data suggests more than one or two servings per day is not productive and considered detrimental.
10. Hypertension – Studies have shown a 14% lowered risk in high blood pressure by women consuming two or three beers a week. Hypertension is a disease where the blood pressure is chronically elevated.
An average 12oz beer contains 150 calories, no fat, no cholesterol, no caffeine, and is 92% water.
Anonymous Brings Down The Websites of Supreme Court of India, Indian Congress To Protest Web Censorship
0 views posted 18 May 2012, 14:36
A few days ago, some Indian ISPs banning ThePirateBay and Vimeo. The list of banned sites also includes Torrentz.eu, KickAssTorrents, ExtraTorrent, 1337x.org, h33t.com, BitSnoop etc. Needless to say that this act didn't go down too well with the online community. Interestingly, the whole scene has grabbed international eyeballs, and Anonymous has returned the favour by hacking the websites of the Supreme Court of India and All India Congress [India's ruling party]▼25 comments
Anonymous believes that websites are being blocked on government order, and therefore, they decided to take down the website of India's ruling party along with that of the Supreme Court. Although the Supreme Court's website seems to be back on track again.
Anonymous launched Operation India with a tweet that said, "Namaste #India, your time has come to trash the current government and install a new one. Good luck."
A few days ago, two YouTube video uploaded by user Sen0nymous, titled 'Operation India' and 'Operation India Engaged', issued a call to action for fellow hackers.
On Thursday afternoon, the websites of the Supreme Court (supremecourtofindia.nic.in) and the All India Congress Committee (aicc.org.in) were attacked and taken down. The Supreme Court's portal was back after a few hours, but the hackers said AICC will remain down the whole day.
The Twitter account for Operation India, @opindia_revenge, claimed it had also targeted the website of the Department of Telecommunications (dot.gov.in), but it was quickly back.
Similarly, Sen0nymous reported that the Delhi government's portal (delhi.gov.in) had been targeted , but it was back soon after.
The attacks come after the government asked Internet Service Providers to block websites such as The Pirate Bay, a file-sharing site, as well as video-sharing service Vimeo among others.
Anonymous is a disbanded group of unknown hackers spread across the globe. The international 'hacktivist' group has previously attacked the US Department of Justice, US Copyrights Office, Sony Playstation Network, FBI and Egyptian government websites, among others.
Credit : The Times of India
0 views posted 17 Apr 2012, 13:25
Microsoft has confirmed that the official name for the next version of Windows will be 'Windows 8'▼8 comments
There will be three editions of the operating system,
1. Windows 8,
2. Windows 8 PRO and
3. Windows RT [for ARM]
Windows 8 and Windows 8 PRO both will come in 32 and 64 bit edition. Windows 8, will be equivalent to Windows 7 'Basic' and 'Home Premium' for Home users, and Windows 8 PRO will be equivalent to 'Professional' and ‘Ultimate’ edition for business users.
Features of Windows 8 PRO
• BitLocker and BitLocker To Go
• Switch languages on the fly
• Client Hyper-V
• Domain Join
• Boot from VHD
• Remote Desktop (client)
• Remote Desktop (host)
• Encrypting File System
• Group Policy
• Touch and Thumb keyboard
• Picture password
Windows 8 Pro will, however, be missing Windows Media Center and will be “available as an economical ‘media pack’ add-on.” Windows 8 Pro version will also feature a number of tools “for IT organization that enable PC management and deployment, advanced security, virtualization, new mobility scenarios, and much more.”
"Microsoft has also renamed the Windows on ARM (also known as WOA) edition. The new name for this will be Windows RT (note that there is no '8′ in this branding, possibly suggesting that this platform may develop into its own brand separate to the x86 platform). This version will only be available pre-installed on PCs and tablets powered by ARM processors (in other words, you will not be able to buy this version as a standalone product."
And finally, you’ll need the right hardware
Windows 8 Consumer Preview should run on the same hardware that powers Windows 7 today. In general, you can expect Windows 8 Consumer Preview to run on a PC with the following:
• 1 GHz or faster processor
• 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
• 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
• DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
• 1024 x 768 minimum screen resolution
Credit : Windows Team Blog
0 views posted 13 Feb 2012, 14:23
Microsoft India's retail website was down on Monday after an apparent hack, with a purportedly Chinese group called Evil Shadow Team posting doctored screenshots that seemed to be of partially obscured customers' usernames and passwords. The Microsoft Store India (www.microsoftstore.co.in) website showed an error message promising to restore access as quickly as possible. The Indian edition of Microsoft Store is operated by local company Quasar Media.
The hackers obscured the full usernames and passwords in the screen shots posted on a blog run by Evil Shadow Team member 7z1 (ps.s.blog.163.com). Writing in Mandarin, 7z1 describes himself as a "patriotic hacker".