0 views posted 23 May 2011, 16:54 by KickassTorrents
1. New uploader stats are available on the profile of each uploader.▼21 comments
2. Deleted comments are now hidden (sorry no pic for that :)).
3. When you open a new thread jumping to first unread post instead of the last in thread.
4. You can report bad comments, so that our mod team can check it.
5. A search in private messages is now available.
And this time an extra-large bugfix!
0 views posted 16 May 2011, 14:41 by KickassTorrents
1. From now on you can dislike ideas!▼30 comments
Plus a My Ideas tab is available!
2. Forum statistics are now available at the bottom of the forum.
3. Due to a growing number of different download types we made an option for hiding them, which can be found in your settings.
4. Magnet links are available in listings.
5. User opinions are now sorted by karma.
6. You can set the number of threads in the Latest Threads bar in settings (up to 20).
And a usual large bugfix!
0 views posted 07 May 2011, 09:49 by KickassTorrents
Just a first small update for May, from now on you can see the three best-rated comments in the Top Comments section.▼34 comments
1 view posted 26 Apr 2011, 11:40 by KickassTorrents
Hi everyone,▼122 comments
First of all we want to apologize for the latest issues on the website that occurred after the domain change. We really wanted to rewrite some of the important parts like upload, so that our users could enjoy a better KAT on our new domain. We prepared a huge release, but unfortunately some parts of this update went wrong and we had few large issues. At this moment everything is fixed and you can use all of our features.
Thanks to everyone who supported us in this difficult moment and not just sailed away to look for a better site! We feel that we really owe to our users and we did our best to restore all the functionality as soon as possible!
Also a huge thanks to our mod team for taking a lot of heat and pressure from the users! Keep up guys and thanks for your amazing work!
0 views posted 22 Apr 2011, 11:42 by KickassTorrents
Hi everyone, as usual a review of our new features!▼28 comments
1. KAT is now available in Serbian-Cyrillic and Romanian! Few more European languages are on the way. Much love to our translator team!
2. We did a complete rework of the upload, both on the inner mechanism and on the upload page! This is basically upload 2.0! Enjoy!
3. Few bugs polls were fixed.
4. Autocomplete is back on.
5. Few updates on the post and upload visual editor.
6. 1000 pages limit is now removed.
7. Facebook and Google accounts login fixed.
8. Birthday and gender can be entered under the edit profile option in the User Control.
9. Blogs from moderators and Verified Uploaders are now available in the blogroll (right side of the page).
10. Ability to show one of your posts on your page (for blog users only!).
11. International input fixed.
12. Youtube bbcode tag added.
27 views posted 21 Apr 2011, 21:53 by KickassTorrents
This is official, from now on the main page of KickassTorrents will be - Kat.ph!▼42 comments
As soon as you will be redirected, you'll have to re-login on kat.ph. Once again - don't worry it's our new official domain!
If you encounter any bugs or problems with the new domain - please leave us a message in a special thread on our forum.
Finally we'd like to ask our supporters to promote our new domain, so that more and more people won't get lost due to the domain change!
0 views posted 12 Apr 2011, 00:19 by KickassTorrents
From the early beginnings KickassTorrents had an interest in helping independent artists and labels. Of course over the years we faced lots of problems and the art part became not much of a top priority. But today as an established platform and we are ready to help people in legally spreading their art with help of torrents. Last week first two labels joined our new program.▼20 comments
"We're a socially oriented, self-funded company in the San Francsico Bay area. Our goal is to support sharing by Content Creators and to promote open culture in a sustainable way. "
"BOSTON8BIT is a chiptune/8bit net-label which features concerts and album releases from some of the top chiptune/video-game dance music acts on the East Coast (USA). We're going to be distributing exclusive content and high-quality artist releases through KAT because, well, KickAssTorrents kicks ass!"
We are always ready to support independent art and media and more details will follow!
Also we are happy that one off our first art partners is a 8bit label, because some of our staff members are into chiptune music!
0 views posted 05 Apr 2011, 23:43 by KickassTorrents
First update of April▼16 comments
1. From now on we have trailers!
2. You can send messages to multiple recipients, just pick their name from the suggested list.
3. Threads that you are interested in can be tracked.
And our usual bugfix and optimization.
0 views posted 28 Mar 2011, 15:00 by KickassTorrents
1. From now on you can use gigya to login from other services;▼18 comments
2. The Ideabox has a search and a new fixed set of categories;
3. You can see the downloads count of every torrent on the torrent page;
4. Some new achievements;
5. Polls on the forum
And of course a huge bugfix!
69 views posted 25 Mar 2011, 13:58 by KickassTorrents
Yesterday we opened our new domain KickassTorrents.ph!▼32 comments
It is not a secret that today everything related to torrents gets a lot of heat from various organizations. So for the safety of our users and to secure the work of KickassTorrents we will in time lose the .com address. For now it is more of an alternative and KickassTorrents.com will remain intact for some time, but we really recommend our users to switch to KickassTorrent.ph.